Terms and Conditions for Ticketed Events
1. Purchasing a ticket to attend a Rockhampton Museum of Art (‘Museum’) ticketed event is considered evidence of the ticket holder’s consent to these Terms and Conditions as well as the Rockhampton Museum of Art General Conditions of Entry available on the Rockhampton Museum of Art website.
2. Personal information collected by Rockhampton Regional Council through the online ticket purchase process will only be used by Council and Council Contractors (event facilitators) for the purpose for which it was provided and is not passed on to third parties unless required by law. All those purchasing a ticket agree that their details may be used to receive communications from the event facilitator and, at times, promotional material about other similar events and initiatives from the Museum. You may opt out of receiving promotional material at any time.
3. Tickets may be offered for sale to attend a single event or multiple events over a specified period (eg. 10 week course). For the latter, tickets are not able to be purchased on a pro-rata basis.
4. Tickets are valid only when purchased from Rockhampton Regional Council or its authorised agent. Ticket holders are not permitted to on-sell any tickets, including through either ticket resell websites such as Viagogo, Ebay, Gumtree etc., or physically within the Museum and/or its surrounds. Tickets acquired through on-selling may be cancelled and the ticket holder may not be permitted entry.
5. Ticket holders may be required by the Artist Educator or a Council employee to check any relevant bags or items into the Museum cloakroom
Event Access during Business Hours
6. During business hours access to the building is via the front entrance along Quay Street.
7. Please present your ticket to front of house/reception staff on arrival.
8. The Artist Educator or Council employee facilitating the event may require a visual check of your ticket to confirm eligibility for attendance and facilitate additional access to the event area.
Event Access outside of Business Hours
9. Outside of business hours access is via the colonnade entry on the Customs House side of the building. This access will be opened by the artist educator or museum staff at the commencement of the program/event.
10. Outside of business hours ticket holders are to notify the artist educator of their arrival by following the signed instructions at the colonnade entrance. Parking is limited within the Museum vicinity so please ensure you allow sufficient time as access may be declined once the event has commenced.
11. Ticket holders must ensure entry doors/gates are secured shut after entering to prevent other members of the public from tailgating. Failure to secure a door/gate may result in loss of access privileges. Instances of persons attempting to tailgate must be reported to the Artist Educator or Council employee as soon as practical.
12. Once ticket holders have accessed the Museum, the Artist Educator or Council employee facilitating the event will visually check each ticket to confirm eligibility for attendance and facilitate additional access to the event area.
13. No more than 15 minutes after the conclusion of the scheduled event, ticket holders must take all personal belongings and leave the Museum promptly.
14. When entering the Museum, you must comply with the latest Queensland Public Health Direction.
15. Rockhampton Regional Council do not take any responsibility for any injuries or illnesses sustained by any ticket holders as a result of their attendance at an event.
16. In the event of a fire or other emergency, ticket holders must follow and adhere to instructions provided by the Artist Educator or Council employee.
17. All ticket holders, including children, must comply with the Conditions of Entry and must follow instructions given by the Artist Educator or Council employee at all times. Ticket holders failing to do will be asked to leave immediately without refund or further recourse.
18. Ticket holders must not attempt to access other restricted areas of the Museum.
19. Tickets are non-transferrable.
20. Ticket holders seeking to cancel or reschedule within 14 days of the scheduled event will not be permitted to do so and will forfeit all monies paid. In the event of exceptional circumstances preventing ticket holders from attending within 14 days, RMOA may provide a refund at its discretion. Ticket holders can contact RMOAlearning@rrc.qld.gov.au.
21. Single entry ticket - Provided the ticket holder cancels their ticket through written email communication to RMOAlearning@rrc.qld.gov.au, providing a minimum of 14 days’ notice from the date of the program/event, RMOA will endeavour to reschedule your booking or provide you with a refund for the original purchase price including any associated service/transaction fees.
22. Multiple entry ticket – This type of ticket permitting attendance at multiple sessions/events over a specified period (eg. 10 week course) are not eligible for a refund/credit on a pro-rata basis. Subsequently, ticket holders unable to attend one or more scheduled sessions/events within the period will forfeit relevant monies and are not able to reschedule. However, provided the ticket holder cancels their ticket through written email communication to RMOAlearning@rrc.qld.gov.au, with a minimum of 14 days’ notice of commencement of the period you will be issued with a refund for the original purchase price including any associated service/transaction fees.
23. If a ticket holder is late or does not attend, no refund will be provided nor will the ticket holder be permitted to reschedule. Ticket holders are reminded that parking is limited within the Museum vicinity so please ensure you allow sufficient time in this regard.
24. The Artist Educator or Council employee may exclude a ticket holder from partaking in the event at any time for any reason at their sole discretion. If this is due to a breach of the Conditions of Entry or other poor behaviour of ticket holders, no refund or opportunity to reschedule will be provided.
25. At any time, an event may need to be rescheduled by the event facilitator. In these circumstances, should the rescheduled event date no longer be suitable for the ticket holder a refund will be provided, including any booking and transaction fees.
26. If a program or event is cancelled due to adverse weather or for any other cause reasonably beyond the Rockhampton Regional Council’s control, there is no right to refund or exchange and no obligation is assumed by Rockhampton Regional Council for the arranging of a substitute service, event or performance.
27. While every effort is made to ensure programs and events are offered as advertised, there may be instances where artist educators need to be replaced with another qualified facilitator.
28. Rockhampton Regional Council assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, deletion, defect, delay in transmission, or line failure.